Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back at it!

Hello friends!

It's been too long.

And I've been a bad blogger girl.

I'm sorry for the delinquency. So...very...sorry.

I will not bore you with the silly reasons why I've been too busy to blog.

I will simply implore you to read the above apology as many times as it's necessary to forgive me and then simply move on.

I'm going to.

Come with me!

First, let me say THANK YOU to Ben for fixing my sad, broke-down, pathetic excuse for a blogger layout!

I Thank you Ben!

My 3 followers Thank You Ben!

And Scene.

Chapter Two.

Guess what?

I've been baking. Oh, have I been baking!

My latest yumscrumptiousness was a double layer pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust and a homemade caramel topping.

Yes, dear ones, you want some of that. Believe me. Even those of you on a diet NEED some of that.

I am proud of that little creation.

More so because I managed to conquer homemade salted caramel with nary a tear or blood stain. Remember the post about Salted Caramel Frosting? It wasn't pretty!

But I went. I swirled. I conquered.

It was truly a Christmas miracle come early.

And now that I am confident in my caramel-making skills I will be playing with that sweet little recipe every chance I get!

Sadly there are no pictures of my beautiful cheesecakey creation. And the reasons are three-fold.

1. Our camera hasn't really been the same since we dropped it in Mexico. RIP trusty camera.

2. My hubby's male co-workers dug in, devoured it and cleaned it up in a span of less than 20 minutes.

3. Ok, so maybe the reasons were two-fold. But that just didn't seem right!

Anywho,

I'll be baking a lot in the coming weeks (parties, and holidays, and catering events galore!!) and I promise to snap a few pictures of some of what I throw together.

Until then, I think my next post might be on Christmas gifts. Is it too early to start talking about Christmas?

If so, maybe don't stop back for another few weeks. I have a feeling it's going to jolly, and merry and bright around here for a while!

Cheers!

2 comments:

kkvernen said...

Glad to have you back. My life has been dull and boring without you!!! Can't wait for what is ahead!!!!!! I need inspiration...

Anonymous said...

Katie,are you sewing now and what?Tammy